Does your invoice have several lines of items? Do you struggle typing it into the expense form? Don’t worry, we got you covered!
Small Builders has created a new feature for the Expense Report. This update will help you save time and effort when submitting your expenses. You will no longer need to type in all the details of your invoice. Note that this is just an added feature—the expense form will still be available for you to use. To get started, do the following steps:
1. Go the Expense Report located on your project dashboard or by clicking on the tab Management > Reports. Click the AUTOMATE EXPENSE button.
2. A pop-up window with an overview of the new feature will appear. You will be asked if you want to use the feature. By default, the checkbox is ticked. Click Submit.
3. You will receive an acknowledgement email containing an email address. This is where you will send your invoices to.
4. Create an email and attach your invoice(s), send it to the email we provided. Note that you can send PDF files or photos. Multiple attachments are also allowed.
5. We will process your invoice(s) and convert them into Expense Submissions. To view this, go to Expense Report on your Small Builders portal.
Take note of the following:
- Your expense submission will be highlighted in PINK.
- If the expense/ invoice you emailed doesn’t show up right away or if the status is labelled as PROCESSING, it means that the invoice is still being converted into an Expense Submission. Some details will not be displayed yet.
- If the expense has NO PROJECT NAME and NO COST CENTRE, you can update it or leave it as it is.