1. ACCESSING EXPENSE REPORT
There are two (2) ways on how to access Expense Report:
1. Inside Project – From your dashboard or construction tab, click View on Expense Form tile.
2. Outside Project – From your navigation bar, go to Management > Reports > Expense Report. Or you may search for ‘Expense Report’ on the search bar located in the upper right corner of the portal.
You can filter the display of your expense submissions by modifying the value of each field and their filter status:
a. Filter Status - allows you to filter your expenses that display on the table based on the expense status - Reconciled, Paid, Pay Later, Rejected, Unreconciled, or Part Payment.
Note: Clicking on the expense status will display a brief description.
- Unreconciled - It means that the status is not yet paid. These are also expenses that have not been assigned a status yet; may include expenses that must be assessed or approved by a Project Manager.
- Reconciled - Expenses that have been paid; claims that do not need to be adjusted in the future.
- Paid - Expenses that have been paid, but may have to be adjusted in the future.
- Pay Later - Expenses approved for payment at a later date.
- Rejected - Expenses you do not wish to pay, or those that are not included in your list of expenses.
- Part Payment - Expenses which have been partially paid.
- Automated Expense - Expenses which automatically copied from your email.
b. Project Name - lets you select the project/s which expenses you want to view. Selecting a Project Name only applies to the Expense Report outside the project. Inside the project, the Project Name is defaulted to the project where you are viewing the Expense Report from.
c. Supplier/Subcontractor Name – lets you filter your expense submissions by Supplier/Subcontractor Name.
d. Date Submitted – allows you to filter your expense submissions based on the date you submitted them.
e. Date Received/Date of Purchase - allows you to filter your expense submissions based on the date you received or purchased your expenses.
- Date Received - applies to Unreconciled and Pay Later expenses
- Date Purchased - applies to Paid and Reconciled expenses
f. Due Date / Payment Date – allows you to filter your expense submissions based on their due date.
3. EXPENSE SUBMISSIONS
There are a few things that you should keep in mind about expense submissions:
a. The colors of the rows defines the expenses’ status
b. You can update your expense details directly from the table.
c. Under the Column Settings, you can select which columns to show or hide.
d. The Search Bar allows you to search for specific submissions.
e. Upload/download your invoices and add Invoices Name under the Claim/Invoice column.
f. You can upload attachments from your Device, Google Drive, Dropbox, or One Drive.
g. The Cost Centre Options under the Cost Centre column depend on the project type.
h. Adding a new Project Name, Supplier/Subcontractor Name, and Cost Centre is only possible through the Expense Form. In the Expense Report, you can only update these fields by choosing from the suggestions provided.
i. You can add payments to your expenses directly on the table by simply expanding the rows and typing in the payments either under the Total Amount (Excl. of GST) column or under the Total Amount (Incl. of GST) column.
j. If the sum of your payments reaches your Expense’s Total Amount, then the system will automatically tag that expense as Paid.
k. The system will automatically adjust your expenses’ status based on your payments but it will NOT reconcile any expenses for you. You have to do that manually using the action buttons.
l. You can change any expense’s status using the action buttons.
m. For the GST Applicable column,
- Checked box means the expense is subject to GST. You can view the GST Amount under the GST column.
- Unchecked box means the expense is not subject to GST.
- You can change your Expenses’ GST Status anytime and the system will automatically compute the figures for you.
n. You can submit new expenses from the Expense Report using the Submit New Expenses button.
o. You can submit multiple expenses at the same time using the Add button.
- Inside the project, you can only submit expenses/multiple expenses for the project where you are accessing the Expense Report from.
- Outside the project, you can submit expenses/multiple expenses for different projects by selecting different project names.
3.2 ACTION BUTTONS
You can use these buttons to change the status of any expense with just a click but there are several rules you should keep in mind.
- Reconciling any expense will lock that expense.
- Reconciled and Rejected expenses can only be deleted, not updated.
- Clicking the Export button will download your Expense Submissions table.
- Updating the status of the expense(s) only applies to the current page. For example, if you select one record on page 1 and select another 2 on page 2 and then click the Reconcile button on page 2, then only the 2 records on page 2 will be reconciled.
4. EXPORT TO EXCEL
You may download ALL your filtered expense entries using the Export All function. You can do so by doing either of the following:
a. Click Export to Excel button.
b. Click the Show entries dropdown. Select All (Export) option.
c. You can see your downloaded excel file on the bottom of the page: