There are four ways on how to submit an invoice:
- Through Expense Form - Inside Project,
- Through Expense Form - Outside Project,
- Through Expense Report, and
- Through Copy Link Expense
EXPENSE FORM INSIDE YOUR PROJECT
1. On your Dashboard, click View Project on the project you want to submit and expense to.
2. Go to Construction tab then click Create on the Expense Form tile.
Since you will create an expense from inside your project, all submitted expenses will be recorded under that specific project.
3. Fill out the details then click Submit.
EXPENSE FORM OUTSIDE YOUR PROJECT
1. Go to Expense Form. You have two options to access this:
A. From your navigation bar, go to Construction Phase > Accounts > Expense Form. Or you may simply search for ‘Expense Form’ on the search bar located in the upper right corner of your portal.
B. On you search bar, search for 'Expense Form'.
2. Since you will create an expense from outside your project, you have to select a Project Name.
3. Fill out the rest of the details then click Submit.
1. You can submit multiple expenses either inside or outside project.
- Inside Project – Click View on Expense form tile.
- Outside Project – Go to Management > Reports > Expense Report. Or you may search for ‘Expense Report’ on the search bar located in the upper right corner of your portal.
2. Click Submit New Expenses.
Note: If you submit multiple expenses outside the project, you can submit invoices to different projects in just one submission.
Note: If you submit multiple expenses inside the project, all submissions are only recorded under the project you are in.
3. Input details then click Save.
COPY LINK EXPENSE
Copy Link Expense is for external submission of expenses. You can send the link to the subcontractors/suppliers so they can submit their expenses without having a Small Builders account.
1. You can find the Copy Link Expense button in the upper left corner of the expense form page. This can be found both inside and outside project.
2. Click the Copy Link Expense button then send the link to the subcontractor/supplier that will submit the expense.
3. The external expense form looks like this:
4. You can only view these external submissions when you access the expense report outside your projects or through the navigation bar. These records are highlighted in YELLOW and has no project name.