Your purchase records come from expense forms submissions using Small Builders. To integrate it with your Quickbooks account, do the following steps:
1. Make sure your portal is connected to your Quickbooks account.
2. There are three (3) ways on how to access the page:
- On the right side of your portal, click Connect to Quickbooks button under the Accounting Software Integration panel.
- Type in 'Quickbooks - Purchases' on the search bar located on the upper right corner of your portal.
- From your navigation bar, go to Management > Integration > Quickbooks > Purchases > Register.
3. Go to Small Builders to Quickbooks tab. You can filter the records to be displayed by:
- Expense Type - By selecting All Expenses, all expenses regardless of expense type will be displayed. By selecting Reconciled Expenses only all expenses that are marked as Reconciled on your Expense Report will be displayed.
- Project - Contains all the existing projects in your portal. By selecting a certain project, it will only display the expenses linked to that corresponding project.
- Supplier - Contains all the current suppliers and subcontractors in your portal. By selecting a supplier/subcontractor, it will only display the expenses linked to that corresponding supplier/subcontractor.
4. Click View Records.
5. Tick the checkbox of the record/s you wish to integrate.
6. Select an Account Type. There are two options to select an Account Type:
- To select an account type individually, use the Account Type column.
- To select an account type for all the selected records, use the Account Type button above the table. What you select here will apply to all selected records.
Note: You can click Chart of Accounts > Refresh Accounts to reload your Quickbooks Account Types into the integration page.
7. Select a Payment Type.
There are 3 default main payment types from Quickbooks:
- Current Assets
- Cash and Cash equivalents
- Credit Card
These default main payment types have sub-detail types and those are the ones displayed under the Payment Type column.
Note: As per Quickbooks' business validation, Payment Types under Cash and Cash equivalents and Credit Card are the only types accepted.
The account where the payment is coming from is only intended for a bank account or a credit card account. This is the reason why you're unable to integrate when selecting an Current Asset account.
8. Remove Attachments (optional). You can remove remove your attachments when it exceeded the 3MB limit. There are two options to remove attachments:
- To remove attachment individually, simply click the (x) button on the Invoice Attachment column.
- To remove attachments of multiple records, select records > click Remove Attachments button.
8. Click Integrate.
- Project Name and Supplier Name are required.
- Make sure you have ticked the first option "Move the selected entries into my Quickbooks account." By default, your records will be integrated to Quickbooks.
- Ticking the second option " I do not want to move the selected items to Quickbooks" will only move your selected expenses into your History tab.
9. Upon integration, records that have been successfully integrated are listed on the summary page.
- By clicking Back to Integration, you will be redirected back to the integration page.
- By clicking Open in Quickbooks, you will be redirected to your Quickbooks account to view the corresponding record.
Note: Only Reconciled Supplier/Subcontractors are reflected on the Payee field.
10. All the records that you have integrated can be seen on your Quickbooks Account under Expenses.