There are four ways on how to submit an invoice:
- Through expense form Inside Project,
- Through expense form Outside Project (by accessing it through the navigation bar),
- Through Expense Report, and
- Through Copy Link Expense
EXPENSE FORM INSIDE YOUR PROJECT
1. From your project page, go to Construction tab then click Create on the Expense Form tile.
2. Fill out the details then click Submit. Since you created this inside your project, all submitted expenses will be recorded under that specific project.
Note: The cost centre options depends on the Cost Centre Settings selected.
EXPENSE FORM OUTSIDE YOUR PROJECT
1. From your navigation bar, go to Construction Phase > Accounts > Expense Form. Or you may simply search for ‘Expense Form’ on the search bar located in the upper right corner of your portal.
2. Select Project Name then input details. Note that Cost Centre options will be blank if you haven’t selected a project name yet. Cost centre options also depends on Cost Centre Settings.
3. Click Submit.
- You can submit multiple expenses either inside or outside project.
- Inside Project – Click View on Expense form tile.
- Outside Project – Go to Management > Reports > Expense Report. Or you may search for ‘Expense Report’ on the search bar located in the upper right corner of your portal.
2. Click Submit New Expenses.
Note: If you submit multiple expenses outside the project, you can submit invoices to different projects in just one submission.
Note: If you submit multiple expenses inside the project, all submissions are only recorded under the project you are in.
3. Input details then click Save.
COPY LINK EXPENSE
Copy Link Expense is for external submission of expenses. You can send the link to the subcontractors/suppliers so they can submit their expenses without having a Small Builders account.
- You can find the Copy Link Expense button in the upper left corner of the expense form page. This can be found both inside and outside project.
2. Click the Copy Link Expense button then send the link to the subcontractor/supplier that will submit the expense.
3. The external expense form looks like this:
4. You can only view these external submissions when you access the expense report outside your projects or through the navigation bar. These records are highlighted in YELLOW and has no project name.