Status of expense can either be: Paid, Pay Later, Reconciled or Unreconciled. There will be a scenario that you will have to input the part payment for the expense. This can only be done through the expense report.
To add part payment to your expense(s), do the following steps:
- There are two (2) ways on how to access expense report:
- From your project page under dashboard or construction tab, click View on Expense Form tile.
- From your navigation bar, go to Management > Reports > Expense Report. Or you may search for ‘Expense Report’ on the search bar located in the upper right corner of the portal.
2. You can add part payment only if you comply with the following conditions:
- You cannot add part payment if your expense is Reconciled or Rejected.
- If your accumulated payment is not equal to the total amount.
3. Click the arrow icon on the first column of the expense that you want to update into part payment.
Note: Reconciled/Rejected expenses cannot be edited.
4. On the part payments section of the expense, input the amount on the Total Amount column.
5. It will record the part payment and automatically add another part payment record where you can input another part payment.
Please take note of the following:
- Click X to delete the part payment record.
- If your accumulated payment is equal to the total amount, the expense record will automatically update its status to Paid and will be highlighted in light green.
- In any event that the Total Amount of expense is updated, the expense record will revert back to Part Payment status.
- In any event that the user inputs a part payment that will exceed the Total Amount, there will be a message, saying that the user is overpaying the expense by how much the excess payment is.