Project Overheads are the overheads that are unique to a specific project, during a specific period, and that change from job to job.
To use the project overheads, do the following steps:
1. There are three(3) ways on how to access the form:
- From the project page, click View on the Forecast Tool.
- From your projects dashboard, go to Reports > All/Management tab. Click View Report.
- From your navigation bar, go to Management > Reports > Forecast Report > Forecast Report. Or type in 'Forecast Report' on the search bar located in the upper right corner of your portal.
2. Choose a project.
Note: This field is only visible outside projects.
3. Click Project Overheads tab.
4. Input the Project Overheads Name.
5. Click the Add (+) button to add a new Project Overhead. Click the Delete (-) button to remove the row.
6. Select a unit from the Unit drop-down menu. This will be used on your Rate Per Unit for your Project Overheads.
7. Input the cost or rental cost of your Project Overheads per unit on the Rate Per Unit column.
8. Input your estimated use of each overhead on the Estimated Duration column.
9. The Estimated Amount column is automatically computed per overhead.
10. Click the arrow button on the leftmost column to view more details on the Actual Duration column.
11. Select a Start Date and an End Date under the Actual Duration column. This is the actual duration of your overhead. By default, the start and end dates are set to the date today or the date you added your overhead. The End Date runs everyday so tick the Lock Date checkbox if you want to keep it steady.
12. The Unused Days field is a calendar field where you can pick multiple days for each overhead. The number of days chosen will be displayed and a summary will be provided. The user may view or download the summary anytime.
13. The Duration row displays the Actual Duration of your overheads. The system automatically counts for each overhead the days that have elapsed from the Start Date to the End Date and subtracts the number of unused days from the Unused Days row.
14. The Actual Amount column displays the actual running cost of each overhead. This is automatically computed. Click on the amounts to see the computation.
15. The TOTAL row displays the Total Estimated and Total Actual Amounts.