General Payment Claims are one-off claims that are used for projects or works that have definite charges.
To submit a general payment claim, do the following steps:
1. There are two(2) options on how to access the page:
- From your project page, click Create on General Payment Claim tile.
- From your navigation bar, go to Construction Phase > Payment Claims > General Payment Claim > General Payment Claim. Or type in 'General Payment Claim' from the search bar located on the upper right corner of your portal.
2. Input Customer Name. When you type on the field, suggestions would appear. Once you select the Customer Name, other fields such as Customer Address and Email would be automatically filled out with the customer’s information.
3. If you have created a general payment claim, you are required to input a Project Name. When you type on the field, suggestions would appear. Once you select the Project Name, Project Address would be automatically filled out.
4. Select a Payment Law on the dropdown menu. A different security of payment law applies depending on the state or territory where your work is performed. Please select the relevant law.
5. Payment Claim Number is acquired from the previously inputted payment claim number. Amount Due (Inclusive of GST) is acquired from Total Amount Due (Inclusive of GST) that would be broken down later on the table. You can select a Reference Date and Due Date of Payment by clicking on the fields then you can pick a date on the calendar date-picker.
6. The construction work and/or supplied related goods and services for this payment claim and the method of calculation of the total amount of the claim are set out in the table below.
- Input the construction work and/or supplied related goods and services under the Description column.
- Select the corresponding unit on the dropdown under the Unit column.
- Input the corresponding cost per unit under the Unit Cost column.
- Input the corresponding quantity under the Quantity column.
- Total Cost (Ex. GST) automatically computes the Unit Cost multiplied by Quantity.
- Action column allows you to add or delete rows.
**Claimed Amount (Exclusive of GST) is the summation of all amounts under Total Cost (Ex. GST) column.
**GST contains the amount of computed GST which is 10 percent of Claimed Amount (Exclusive of GST).
**Total Amount Due (Inclusive of GST) contains the summation of Claimed Amount (Exclusive of GST) and GST.
7. Bank account details are optional. Input your Name, BSB, and Account Number.
8. Click Submit.